Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The story of my game and I that I will be posting around the web


(The game is currently in beta and still under development.)

Firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Nick and I am the sole developer for my first Indie game, Irritum. All the artwork, coding, and music have all been done by me. If you wish to contact me for any questions, comments, etc., my public email is nick@irritumgame.com. Now, about the game.

To begin, Irritum is a game about suicide. You, the player, have recently killed yourself, and you are now stuck in a limbo-like state. All you know is that you have to keep moving forwards, you must continue to make progress. Memories echo through your mind, sometimes confusing you, other times revealing mysteries. Discover why you tried to kill yourself as you try to wake from your coma.

The gameplay is that of a third-person platformer/puzzle game with a twist. You can only stand on one type of platform at a time, and each type of platform is represented as a color. For instance, you can only come in contact with red platforms while red is activated, and all other colors would float through you as if they didn't exist. You can switch which colors are activated at any time, but be careful, timing is everything. Avoid obstacles in the void such as the bottomless pit below, lasers that would destroy your sub conscience instantly, and platforms that would push you into the abyss. Master elements such as the ghost ability, which lets you create a shadow of yourself that is invincible to such lasers, or the ability to reverse gravity to bypass obstacles that are too formidable. Reconstruct your brain from scratch as you leap from one reality to another, attempting to finally land in the one that matters.

 Irritum is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and is currently available for pre-order from (www.IrritumGame.com). The preorder costs $10, and will give you an instant download to the Irritum Beta as well as the final version of the game when it releases in August (final retail will be $15). The final game will be available on my website and Desura, and with luck on Steam also.

TL;DR - Buy this game... :)

If you are interested in the development of Irritum, check out my youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/IrritumGame) and my blog (http://irritumgame.blogspot.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment