Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Most of the game is done...

.. now just for the polish. The game is in a functioning and working state that I believe is able to be released. I can't think of any bugs at the moment, which is a good thing, and the gameplay has been streamlined and polished.

However, the game won't be releasing just yet. You may remember my last post saying I was in crunch time. Well that still stands. I want to put so much more into the game than what I have now.

Some examples, I want to include some kind of opening cinematic kind of thing, which shouldn't be too hard, and a credit scene. Both of those can probably be done by the end of the week, if not tomorrow. But what I really want to include are transition levels.

As the game stands now, the player beats a set of levels, grabs the part of their brain, and then a new set of levels is unlocked. I would really like to incorporate a mini-game in between these two events. A small, maybe 1 or 2 minute break from the game, to change the pace.

The other big things on my plate are polishing some things, and increasing the average FPS. Sometimes the FPS dips below 30 frames on my macbook, but I want the game to run an average consistency of 60 fps on my machine. That way, lower end machines will still get good fps (I consider my machine in the mid-lower range).

I also want to make the player texture a bit nicer, and change the particle system currently on the memory collectibles.

One very large thing, is the music. I absolutely NEED to add more music to the game. Currently I have mostly ambience, but that needs to be updated. Most of next week will probably be dedicated to solely that. Honestly, the music also quite worries me. I have limited access to decent music programs, and I have not music savvy by any means. I guess we will see how it turns out.

Thanks for reading.
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment