Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crunch Time

I am going to consider the next month or so up to release as crunch time. I have tons of new features I want to put in the game, and I have lots of polishing to do. The main topics I need to include are listed below:
  • Polish. I need to round out some corners and make the game more appealing to look at.
  • More game modes. I plan to have at least 1 more game mode included. A 1-life game mode where the player has only 1 chance to beat all the levels.
  • Achievements. I want the player to be able to have goals to beat each level. Such as within a certain time, or certain amount of deaths, etc.
  • Story. I also need to weave in the second story. This story really involves the outward audio that the player hears while in a coma. 
  • Story, again. I need to incorporate heavier story elements. Specifically I need to figure out how to incorporate the different parts of the brain into the "brain" levels.
  • Music. I need more. much more.
  • Final level. An endless, final level.
  • New player model. Lastly, I need a new player model, and I need it to animate correctly.
As you can see. I have a lot to do. I feel overwhelmed. 

In addition, so far people that have played the game appear to be enjoying it. They are frustrated with the controls and such, but most people do enjoy it. No preorders yet though. I'll probably do some giveaways on reddit and elsewhere to try and build some more buzz for the game.

Brainstorm: I can make a second character. The character can be an angel-like entity that guides the player. She can teach the player how to jump and stuff, and then fill them in when they get to the brain. This helps fill a few gaps in the design.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment