Tuesday, April 16, 2013

About Irritum

Irritum will be the title of the game I will develop. The title is the latin word for "void", which is the setting of the game. The game is a 3D platformer where the player must reach the end of the level by changing "planes" on which the player collides with. Each plane has its' own color, and only one color can be activated at a time, and of course, there will be obstacles both in entity and design.

The art style I have chosen to go with is minimalistic. The player and levels exist in black space, the void, with the colored objects floating in this space.

I plan to have around 30 levels, with a 9 level cycle culminating in a "boss" level. In addition to these levels, I would like to include a "Tower of Babel" level, where the player progresses vertically for an extended period of time.

As for the price, I am estimating I will sell it for ether $15 or $20. Whichever the price, I also plan to offer a pre-order discount of $5 in addition to the early beta copy of the game.

Once I get a playable prototype, which should be at most two weeks of development, I will update everything with new screenshots and videos and put together a small demo level. At this time I will also create the Steam Greenlight page and IndieDB page.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment