Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Use of Kickstarter

I recently got an idea, but I am not sure how it will work, so I will present it here.

I wonder if it is possible to use Kickstarter as a marketing tool.

 I don't want to use Kickstarter to earn money for the game. A big thing I am aiming for is to make the game with all costs out of pocket. I want to be a example for indie developers that cannot afford expensive tools. However, Kickstarter may be able to help me reach a larger audience.

Like, what if I make a kickstarter with an absolutely outrageous price goal, so the game will not get funded, but this will help the game get noticed. I can point people to my website, youtube, etc.

Just an idea I found when brainstorming. Like I said before, the greatest threat to my game is people not knowing about it. Maybe this strategy will help spread the world.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment